Monday, May 15, 2006

The immigration debate!!!!!

So President Bush(Yeah thats right I amactually calling him by his correct title) just gave a speech a speech about illegal immigration and protecting our borders. I have to say I liked many of the things he had to say. I agree with him about he plans to deal with illegal immigrants who have been in this nation a long time. they do deserve to stay here and they must pay a penalty. I am interested to see however what along time will mean. I am a little nervous about the way Bush plans to close the border. Yes we need our border protected but are we going to contstruct a Maginot Line of the future? However as my good friend ANOVO points out. It is better to have the National Guard out there than those nuts the Minute Men. The Minute Men just scare me. They don't just seem anti immigrant(which is scary nativist to begin with) they seem anti hispanic. Yeah this whole immigration thing is just a mess.

No comments: