Sunday, September 11, 2005

A few thoughts

I am about to start my second week of work. I am so looking forward to it. My students could not be better. So far they are everything that I could ask for. They are respectful, and they appear excited about learning history.
On a more serious note. Today is the 4th minute anniversary of 9/11. I think we should all take a moment to think about those who lost their lives on such a horrible day. I also think that the Bush administration has taken our sorrow over this horrible event and manipulated our thoughts and fears and taken us down the wrong path. It is just so frustrating thinking about how Americans have been so missled.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lew Scannon said...

I couldn't agree with you more. As Hurricane Katrina shows, while we spend all our resources on a war based on lies and deception in Iraq, we are not any safer here at home. Fortunately the terrorists have not attacked us at this vulnerable moment. Good luck teaching, our country needs more concerned educators like you!