Monday, April 04, 2005

This Day in History

Today is a rather tragic day in History. On this day on 1968 Martin Luther King Jr was felled by an assassins bullet. MLK Jr was and should still be considered one of the most important people of the last 50 years. He changed not only the world but he continued the work of Ghandi and another great leader. Both these amazing men showed the world that non violence protests work. He proved to Americans and specifically African Americans that if you set your mind and your will power towards a goal. It is possible. It is sad to think that young people, who so made up Dr. Kings army, are not longer active motivated people. I am a young person and I have no cause nor do I see one that appeals to me. And I think most young people feel like me. I just hope that we can learn from his example even now.

No comments: