Tuesday, December 28, 2004

It is now Tuesday December 28th

You can not escape the images coming out of the India Ocean Basin this week. The death and destruction there is just too horrible to imagine. When one thinks about the Earthquakes that have hit the United States we have been very very lucky.
We are lucky we live in a Democratic society.
We are lucky we live in a society with a modern infrastructure.
We are lucky we live in a society with modern medicine available to the masses.
We are lucky we do not live in a region where Earthquakes are normal occurrence.
We are lucky that at least half our population did not vote for President Bush. On the other hand....

In happier notes.
I took the championship of my fantasy football league:-)
I am on vacation this week. I think I already noted that but I wanted to say it again. I am on vacation. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!
There is something so nice about not having to wake up until you want to. Not having to worry about what your students are going to do wrong or for that matter right. It is just nice.
Ate supper with my parents tonight. My mother cooked this fantastic Mushroom Barley soup. With out a doubt one of her TOP TEN dishes. I had three portions.
So my father tells me there is this place down by Wall street that sells chocolate at $2 a piece. Rather expensive for chocolate but apparently for that special someone it is perfect. Now if only I had someone to give the chocolate to.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Andrew,
I finally found your blog, and it really cheered me up. Could I get the recipe for your mom's Mushroom Barley soup?