Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Sarah Vowell's Assassination Vacation

Well I am taking a break from Star Wars for a moment. Don't worry Part III is forthcoming. Rather I am writing here to endorse/stump for a great little book I just read. This new book Assassination Vacation. Follows Sarah Vowell as she and a variety of friends travel around the United States visiting historic sites that are related to the first three Presidential Assassinations(Lincoln, Garfield and McKinley). I loved this book. It was at all times funny insightful and most importantly it taught me quite a bit of trivia that I did not know about U.S History. For instance that JWB shot Lincoln on Good Friday(the day Jesus was killed) only to have him sermonized and martyrd on Easter Sunday. As Vowell says Moron!!!!. I agree. There are numerous other funny tidbits and anecdotes peppered through out the book. For anyone who is the least bit interested in history read this book.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohh, I've got to get this book. Sounds like a blast. Might wait for paperback though.